Sunday, July 4, 2010

A few suggestions for next year

As much as I love this tournament, I do have a few suggestions I’d like to make it even better.
First of all, the published parking options were not good. The free parking was in Oaks, with shuttle busses going back and forth. Oaks is 15 miles from the course. I can only imagine how long that took through crowded roads, especially at rush hour. I’d like to see lots much closer to the course next year. I figure that organizers did look into that, but maybe they can try again now that they have experience in the area and a year to prepare.
I’d also like to see the tour assign volunteers to rake the traps after a player hits a ball in and out of there. Of course, the caddies do this job now, but sometimes, they must lag behind their player to get this done. Most of the volunteers are enthusiastic golfers anyway, and any additional training needed could be done easily.
There should be water fountains out on the course. It wasn’t overly hot our there this week, but it was brilliantly sunny, and water should have been available to the fans to refill their water bottles. There was water available at the concession stands, but it still should have been provided. It’s going to be really hot today, and I’d hate to see or hear of a fan getting sick because of a lack of water.

1 comment:

  1. Great observations, Dave! I think we need to send a link to this blog to the tournament organizers.

    ReplyDelete