Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tiger F-bombs after terrible wedge shot

Tiger Woods is one of the greatest athletes of our time, and I don’t care one iota about his personal problems. But he did say that he was going to take a nicer approach out to the course with him this year.
I was about 40 feet away from him when, on the 16th hole today, Tiger hit a terrible wedge shot from about 100 yards out. He missed the green, dumping the ball in the bunker. My head was turned toward the hole, away from him watching the ball. I heard a loudly shouted F-bomb, and turned to see him stalking toward the hole with his club on the ground. He had evidently tossed it to the ground.
Frankly, it was a little upsetting to see Tiger hit such a terrible shot, and then react like he had pledged not to. There were some young kids in the area who may have heard the outburst.
On the other hand, it was kind of refreshing to see that the greatest player in the world can hit a shot just as badly as I would have hit it, and then reacted to it like my usual golf buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment